Hey, today I’m going to share with you a top to the bottom idea about how to start a blog from scratch. This article is going to be a long but I hope you enjoy it and this will help you to run a blog successful if you read the complete article. There is thousands of article on the internet about “how to start a blog site from scratch” and most of them described very few step. Also, the truth is, starting a blog is not possible for newbies within 20 minutes or less. It takes time to understand and take decision for creating a successful blog planning.
I read many of them and I’m trying to give you the exact details here. Because It’s not just a simple blog website. You have to need to know about more details before start blogging. Like your blog topic, content keyword, blog structure, blog monetization strategy etc.
I’ll share you all of my real strategies here also, recommend you those tactics and service that I personally used and trust. For this reason, this might take some time to read the post so take a cup of coffee and stay on your sit 😉
Here is the content structure to start a blog today:
- Select your blog topic.
- Choose the best platform for hosted your blog.
- Choose a domain name for your blog.
- Choose a Premium hosting platform.
- Install WordPress in your hosting
- Login Into your WordPress Dashboard
- Choose the best WordPress Theme for your Blog Website.
- Why you should use a premium theme?
Before start thinking to create a blog website you have to need thing twice or more and more about the topic on your blog. Which one you want to write on your blog site. It’s very important for you. It depends on running a successful blog. You should select that topic which you know better and want to share with your audience, friends and all over the world.
So for an example: You like cooking. You know so many different types of the recipe than others. Want to share with other people your experience and new ideas with start little earning from your blog. This is just one example you think twice or more then you find hundred of topic for your blog. So no worry about the topic 🙂
There is lots of free or paid blogging platform out there on the internet. It’s totally up to you, which one you want to use for creating your blog. This is very important to you before going deep. So I have some suggestion for you to choose the best platform for your blog. If you are a completely a new person then you should choose that kind of blogging platform which has lots of resources on the internet which are widely used, easy to maintain, with a large community of users, So that when you need any help or advice then you get someone quickly for your help.
My suggestion to use WordPress CMS (content management system) This is really a great platform and it has a big community. I think most of the people know about the WordPress now. This is really a very successful CMS because it has user-friendly backend and thousands of free resources like themes, plugins, marketing tools etc. When your blog gets bigger day by day, then you have to need to find a professional developer for update your WordPress blog site. It’s easy to find or hire someone with a very cheap rate for developing your WordPress blog because there are lots of professionals who work with WordPress for developing a website. Because it’s very to use for the user and save time for development that’s why developers choose also.
Some people get confused for hosting their website. Because WordPress has also a free hoster like bloggers(belongs to Google) My suggestion if want to start blogging for fun then you can use their WordPress free hosted platform for your blog site. But there is some limitation for the usages. Otherwise, If you take it seriously for creating your own blog professionally then you have to need to spend some little money for your hosting.
I think you see the maximum free staff is great but they have some limitations for their free service. Some of you could think “I’ll start a free blog and after getting some traffic and value when I see it’s going well then on that time I’ll transfer my blog on a self-hosted platform.” But trust me it’s not so easy to step and not a good starting if you want to start blogging professionally.
Domain name is not just a name this is a brand. When you going to start a blog website or any other personal/business website then the domain name is very important. You have to need to understand before selecting the domain name there is no single recipe for success in website naming. On the other hand, it’s very important for choosing a perfect domain name because this will help your visitors to get an idea about your website topic at a first look when they see the domain name. The name brings your website topic keyword or category.
Here are a couple of additional tips before choosing your domain name:
- Make your domain name short as possible. So that everyone can memorize it easily.
- Don’t use number and hyphens in your domain name. Because it’s difficult to memorize and personally I don’t recommend this.
- You can choose .com domain extension. Though there are so many other extensions for the domain name. But maximum people think in their mind the .com domain.
You can register your domain name separately from your hosting. Also, you can buy both domain + hosting together from a hosting provider company. I think it’s better to use together as a package from a hosting company and my suggestion to buy your domain and hosting from Bluehost hosting provider. Now you can search your desired domain name from here. It’s time to be select your domain name before going to the next step. You have to need just input your domain name in the input box field and check if it’s available example: yourdomainname.com
After finding your perfect domain name you have to need to go to on Bluehost and then following the guideline below. If you want to receive a free domain then you should follow the next process.
There are so many hosting providers on the internet. I don’t want to make you get confused. Also, don’t want to tell about the other hosting platform name here. If you want to know about some of the other best web hosting company then you can take a look at this article top 5 web hosting company This article will help you to get some more idea about other web hosting providers.
Today here I recommend you to use Bluehost as a hoster for your brand new start up WordPress blog website. This is really a great hosting company because they have great support. Let me explain why I recommend Bluehost for host your WordPress website. There is a very easy way to install WordPress and if you face any problem you can get support anytime from them.
Let’s start! enough talking. I think you are excited to launch your blog site today and you can’t wait to see your first blog post live.
1. Go to Bluehost website through this affiliate link LearnWithRiad.com/bluehost if everything goes well then I’ll receive a little commission from your first signup for recommending you Bluehost. If you signup from my link then you will get a free domain name for your website. I think you already select your domain from the above input box. Now follow the next step after clicking the above affiliate link you will see a page like this screenshot. Then click “get started now” button.
2. Then select your plan I recommend you to start with the basic plan. I think this is enough for start up your blog site.
3. Since you already know your domain name from the above field. Now it’s time to type your domain name into the box which is called “new domain” follow the screenshot given below.
4. You have to need to fill up this form properly for provide your contact information for your Bluehost account.
5. In this section, it’s very important to select your package information. From my experience and my suggestion if you choose the 36-month package price system that would better for you. Why it’s better for you? When you click 36 months price package then you will see underneath the saving is 50% from your total cost.
Also, having your hosting paid in advanced is safe for your website because if you forget to renew your hosting plan then your website will be down for a while until you renew the service. Within this time you can lose your visitors and other activity on your blog. So I think this is the best choice for starting your blog site. If you think you don’t want to use your account after one year or 2 years then no worry about this 36-month package. Bluehost will make a refund for your remaining months. So not to worry about this.
Note this point: You can see there is some other checkbox option to select from your hosting before purchase. You can always change them in later. This is not necessary right now. You can uncheck those and go to the next step for fill up the payment information box.
6. If you already completed those step then Congratulations ! you are done yaaaa !! Welcome to Bluehost. They ask you to change your Bluehost account password. If you want you can setup a new password for your Bluehost account again. After change your password the web page is taking some time for loading and give you a confirmation message. Like this screenshot below.
Now it’s time to login into your Bluehost account. When login into your account you will see a page with so many folder and other details. Don’t get confused it’s now time to install WordPress lets follow the step for installing your WordPress easily.
You have to need to scroll down on this page then you will see a button like this called “install WordPress”
When you click there you will see the next page like this below image if not the same then don’t worry it’s the same process.
After clicking the next button it takes some time to come to the next page and on the next page you have to need to fill up your WordPress site admin information. You can change the information later.
Be patient In this page it will take some times. It takes more than 2 minutes sometimes.
Congratulations you have done your WordPress installation completely. They will show this page with your WordPress username and password. keep those in a safe folder or note it because this will help you to login into your WordPress Dashboard.
Now you can see your site on live 🙂 if you tired then take some rest 😉 and in the next step, I’ll show you how to find a best WordPress theme for your start-up blog website. Within those step If you face any problem or if you have any question then feel free to ask me through email or you can comment below on this post.
Now you have to need to login into your WordPress dashboard for making your website more beautiful and other customization. For login into your Dashboard, you have to need put your domain name in the URL like this way http://yourdomainname.com/wp-admin make sure you need to use wp-admin after writing your domain name. Now it’s time to see your website dashboard. When you install your WordPress through your hosting then on that time you get an email with the information about your new website username and password. Now in this field, you need to put your current username and password for login into your dashboard.
Also, you can check the above screenshot from Bluehost there they provided me the Username and Password also. I hope you got your own details and save that.
Hey, now you are already into your Dashboard. You are ready to write your blog post from now. There is everything to start your blog right now.
At the top left corner if you hover on the “My blog” text then there you will see a drop-down option and For visit your website. Check the given screenshot below
Now you are ready to create your first blog post. Just go the top bar and hover over it’s called “+New” then click on the post tab. Start writing your first blog post with title, content, feature image, category, tag etc. It’s really very easy like a little mobile application. Just play around with Dashboard using the default function and themes. After that, you can add more features on the next time.
I think you already know about WordPress themes. This will help you to improve your website Appearance. It’s very important for your website to get repeat visitor also help your visitor to stay on your website. There are lots of free WordPress themes on their official website http://wordpress.org you can use one of them from the beginning of your website. But there is so many problems for using a free theme. The maximum free theme has some restriction for usages you can’t use every function on your website using their free version. They will ask you to upgrade your theme and use their paid version every time. Until you can’t use their full features themes.
So my suggestion to use a premium theme for start a blog site. If you take it seriously as a money making website then you have to need to spend a little money for buying premium themes.
1. SEO Optimize: Without ranking or without getting any visitor you can’t get value or earn money from your blog. Google gives a lot of importance, all of those sites which are made with premium themes. Because it has great appearance and functionalities, for this reason, it’s easy to use and google gives that kind of website much priority.
2. Responsive Design: Nowadays maximum people all over the world visit a website using their phone, tablets and other small devices. For this reason, responsive design is very important for every website. If your website is not validated on Google responsive test then you will lose your visitor. Also if you used free themes then they will never ensure you it’ll work every device properly or will pass on google responsive test report.
3. Elegant style: There is maximum premium template has a great appearance. You just fall in love if you take a look at those premium templates around the web. Every premium WordPress theme has eye-catching look and feel. That will make your website visitor stay on your site and come back again and again.
4. The great support: Most premium templates company has a great support system for their valuable clients. So that no need any other technical knowledge for install and customize your purchase WordPress theme. They will help you through their forum and email also. There is someone to reply your question very professionally every time. So, my recommendation to use StudioPress WordPress theme.